Rex is seeking suitably qualified and experienced individual’s to join the Sydney Ramp team in the part-time role of Team Leader - Aircraft Support Officer for our Domestic B737 operations, based at Sydney Airport.
This position reports to the Sydney Ramp Manager.
- Undertake the duties of an Aircraft Support Officer
- Ability to work without supervision
- Demonstrate leadership, decision making and organisational skills necessary to sufficiently manage a dynamic operation
- The direct supervision and oversight of aircraft arrivals and departures
- Supervision and management of a team of ASO’s
- Ensuring all staff under supervision conduct their duties in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for briefing ASO’s with regard to operational matters
- Responsible for ensuring that aircraft are loaded/unloaded and handled safely including personally checking the completion of safety critical tasks
- Responsible for reporting opportunities for improvement to the Leading Hand or Ramp Manager
- Coordinating the timely transfer of tranship bags
- Completion of GSE checks to ensure equipment serviceability
- Responsible for aircraft pushback – must obtain CAT2 PD
- Responsible for signing aircraft documentation certifying that the aircraft has been loaded/unloaded/handled in accordance with policies and procedures
- Responsible for the collection, consignment and correct loading/unloading of company and third party freight
- Responsible for the use of the Load Manager application and manual alternatives
- Assisting special needs passengers when required
- Ensure that equipment is stored correctly when not in use
- Be accountable for the adherence to and reporting of On Time Performance
- Determine and report on the appropriate delay code for a delayed departure
- Reporting of GSE faults
- Completion of administrative reporting duties such as shift reports
- Assisting with incident investigation
- Provide training assistance to new staff
- Manage communication between other operational departments such as Network Operations, Catering, Customer Service and Engineering
- Assisting the replacement of staff due to leave so it does not affect operational requirements.
- Required to remain on site until the completion of allocated duties
- Act as a Relief Leading Hand when required
- Other tasks as requested by the Ramp Manager.
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Airline/Industry experience
- Able to obtain an ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card) and airside driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills
- High standard of professionalism
- Able to work shift work that includes early starts, evenings and weekend work
- Mandatory requirement of state drivers licence
- High standard of physical fitness
- Ability to work in a team environment and a commitment to on time performance
Please apply via the 'apply now' button below.
REX is an equal opportunity employer