Rex is Australia’s largest independent regional and domestic airline operating a fleet of 60 Saab 340 and six Boeing 737-800NG aircraft to 61 destinations throughout all states in Australia. In addition to the airline Rex, the Rex Group comprises wholly owned subsidiaries Pel-Air Aviation (air freight, aeromedical and charter operator) and the two pilot academies, Australian Airline Pilot Academy in Wagga Wagga and Ballarat.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and passionate all-rounder to join the Corporate Communications Office as a Marketing and Communications Officer on a full-time basis, located at our head office in Mascot. This position reports to the General Manager, Corporate Services.
We work in a fast-paced and exciting part of the business, so you will need to be able to work under pressure and be a great problem solver. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You know how to scope, budget, and coordinate marketing projects smoothly. Ideally, you have experience in copywriting and digital marketing and are looking for a hands-on role where you will get to work across a broad range of marketing projects and areas.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Work closely with the Head of Creative, Corporate Communication Office, Social Media Coordinators and Sales Department
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our brand, product, market and competition, and uphold brand consistency and tone of voice across all communication
- Write, edit and publish high-quality and engaging content for various platforms including copy for the website, inflight magazine, brochures, eDMs, e-Newsletters and social media
- Website content management
- Use research, customer data and insights to inform development of marketing strategies, identify trends and opportunities to maximise key marketing
- Lead assigned marketing campaigns by executing and tracking marketing activity, including:
- email, social media, off-premises activations, content marketing
- event activations and public relations initiatives
- Support the team on a range of marketing activity, including:
- Ordering marketing collateral
- Media buying across mediums such as print, radio and outdoor in accordance with marketing strategy
- Admin support such as managing media bookings, material collation, budget Evaluate, monitor and record website usage, social engagement and marketing campaign performance on an ongoing basis by setting up and analysing key metrics as well as creating and presenting reports
- Work cooperatively with stakeholders and ensure all campaigns are tracking accordingly, ensuring campaign reporting deadlines are met with timely updates on campaign performance.
Knowledge and skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in marketing, copyrighting, communications in a corporate setting desirable
- Qualifications in marketing, communications, business administration or related field; or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience
- Strong organisational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, off-site marketing and public relations
- A self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines
- Good analytical skills to analyse metrics and create reports
Salary and Conditions will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Please submit your application with CV and cover letter via our careers page https://careers.rex.com.au/job-details/query/8177657 by the closing date of 14 June 2021.
Applicants are required to answer the screening questions. Applications must be submitted via the link above by the closing date to be considered.