Be a part of our exciting expansion – taking new applications for positions based in Melbourne.
Rex is Australia's largest independent regional and domestic airline operating a fleet of 60 Saab 340 and six Boeing 737-800NG aircraft to 61 destinations throughout Australia.
REX is looking for suitable individuals to join our Flight Attendant Team in full-time capacity on either the Boeing 737 or SAAB 340 aircraft. We accept applications on an ongoing basis however interviews will soon take place for Melbourne. Apply now!
A Flight Attendant is a critical part of the Rex team. The role involves responsibility for passenger safety as well as providing a personalised, genuine and caring service to all our passengers.
As a Flight Attendant you are responsible for equipment and security checks, in-flight announcements, in-flight service, turnaround cleaning duties and dealing with in-flight cabin emergencies such as medical situations.
It is a rewarding position where every day is different.
Whilst it is often considered a lifestyle choice to be a Flight Attendant you must be willing to work shift work, work on weekends and public holidays and depending on the base location, there could be nights spent away from home.
A position in the Regional Operation on the SAAB 340 aircraft offers you the opportunity to manage your own cabin and fly solo to some unique destinations. Our base locations for the Saab 340 are Adelaide, Albury, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Townsville and Wagga Wagga.
If working in a team appeals to you more, than a position on our Boeing 737 can offer that.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- You must not be taller than 173cm (for Saab 340)
- You must be able to reach 180cm on flat feet (for B737)
- Hold a current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- The ability to hold an ASIC which involves a police security check
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written)
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Customer service experience
- A high standard of physical fitness (including the ability to swim fully clothed without aid or floating device for 50m)
- Flexibility (working hours will vary and will include weekends & public holidays)
- A high level of personal presentation
- A natural willingness to please and care for people.
Please submit your application via our website careers page https://careers.rex.com.au/job-details/query/8185052.
Short listed candidates will be contacted at various times throughout this time period to be advised of an interview date and time.
You must apply via our website link and complete the screening questions to be considered.