The Australian Airline Pilot Academy (AAPA) with campuses in Wagga Wagga NSW and Ballarat Victoria is a wholly owned subsidiary of Regional Express Holdings Ltd (Rex), Australia’s largest independent regional airline and domestic airline.
AAPA provides the highest quality professional pilot training to airline standards to local and large overseas airline carriers.
AAPA is currently seeking a suitably qualified individual to join the team as a full-time Campus Maintainer at its newly expanded and world class campus at Wagga Wagga airport, NSW.
The main responsibility of this position is to ensure all planned and reactive maintenance to all the facilities within the campus is managed and completed to the appropriate standards in addition to below;
- Perform routine (to a schedule) and urgent/ad-hoc campus facility maintenance
- Painting and wall repairs
- Assist in any building renovations
- Gardening including lawn mowing, hedging and fertilising
- Weed control/spraying
- Maintaining garden equipment
- Pool maintenance including cleaning and water testing in conjunction with external consultants as required
- Maintain records of maintenance carried out
- Assist in the maintenance of campus vehicles
- Assist with any cleaning duties if and as required.
- Assist with removal of any rubbish if and as required
- Acting as a Fire Warden for AAPA.
- Co-ordinating external suppliers
- General Support as required for functions/special events held at/by AAPA
- Supporting REX group entities as required
- Has previous experience in general maintenance
- Be able to work shift and odd hours if required
- Must be a fit and proper person.
- Be able to pass a police clearance if required
- Be able to multi-task and work to tight timelines
- Possess a commitment towards occupational health, safety and quality management processes
- Hold a current NSW Driver’s License
- Knowledge in fire emergency management.
- Be able to complete simple repairs.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills and willing to learn.
- Knowledge of WHS / OHS.
Salary and conditions will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Please submit your application with CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria via our careers page: https://careers.aapa.net.au/job-details/query/8454514 by 21 January 2022.