An opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and highly motivated person to join the Rex Airport Team as an Airport Services Ground Training and Development Manager. This is a full-time role based in Sydney.
This position reports to the National Airports Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and delivery of high quality training material for all facets of ground operations for all Rex ground staff.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date training material and approving all training literature before use.
- Liaison with State Trainers to ensure all material is current and all training is conducted in line with company and CASA regulations.
- Coordination of all external training courses.
- The training of all appropriate staff and contractors in both Customer Service and Ramp Ground functions.
- Managing all company training records ensuring CASA and company compliance.
- The management and delegation of training to local airport trainers.
- Assessing Level 6 English Language Proficiency and licensing on behalf of CASA for Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate.
- Co-ordination of Dangerous Goods training.
- Special projects as required by National Airports Manager.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Airline or industry experience mandatory (minimum 5 years).
- Preferred Certificate 4 in Work Place Training & Assessment or the willingness to undertake and complete the program.
- The ability to competently facilitate Training & Assessment activities.
- Conversant with major airport operations and regularity requirements.
- Proven ability to manage a high workload under pressure with changing priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate remotely unsupervise
- Must be a decision-maker and organiser in order to efficiently meet performance requirements in a changing environment.
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Must have highly developed communication skills (both written and verbal) capable of delivering classroom and on the job training.
- Must be a team player.
- Must possess a sense of urgency, be resourceful and passionate about what you do.
- A sense of personal responsibility for outcomes.
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis to any Rex port throughout Australia.
- Be able to work shift work as required (when training on-line).
- Demonstrated report writing and record keeping skills.
- Working knowledge of MS office suite softwar
- Extensive knowledge of Airline Ramp operations preferably Saab340 and or B737 aircraft.
- Knowledge and understanding of Rex Company policies and procedures.
Salary and conditions will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Please submit your application with CV and cover letter via our website https://careers.rex.com.au/job-details/query/8068156 by close of business 23 February 2021.
Applications must be submitted via the above link to be considered.