Rex is Australia’s largest independent regional and domestic airline operating a fleet of 60 Saab 340 and six Boeing 737-800NG aircraft to 61 destinations throughout all states in Australia. In addition to the airline Rex, the Rex Group comprises wholly owned subsidiaries Pel-Air Aviation (air freight, aeromedical and charter operator) and the two pilot academies, Australian Airline Pilot Academy in Wagga Wagga and Ballarat.
Rex is known for its warmth and hospitality, providing a link between the city and regional Australia.
We are looking for individuals who are able to exemplify our values and join us in a full time capacity as either a solo Flight Attendant on the Saab340, or part of the team of four on the Boeing 737.
As a solo Flight Attendant, you get to manage your own cabin and have the opportunity to provide a personalised service, whilst travelling to some unique destinations.
If working in a team appeals to you more than a role in the cabin on the B737 can offer that.
Being a Flight Attendant involves responsibility for passenger safety as well as providing a genuine and caring service to all our passengers.
Some of the duties you will perform are equipment/security checks, in-flight announcements, in-flight food and beverage service, turnaround cleaning duties as well as dealing with situations that may occur in the cabin.
Whilst it is often considered a lifestyle choice to be a Flight Attendant you must be willing to work shift work, work on weekends and public holidays and there will be some nights spent away from home.
It is a rewarding position where every day is different.
To meet requirements you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be no taller than 173 cm (for Saab 340)
- Be able to reach 180 cm on flat feet (for B737)
- Hold a current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID011)
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Be Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Be able to hold an ASIC which involves a police security check
- Have experience in customer service
- Be able to swim fully clothed without aid or floating device
- Be flexible (working hours will vary and will include weekends and public holidays)
- Have a high level of personal presentation
- Have a natural willingness to please and care for people.
Extensive training will be provided – flying experience is not required.
Please note: Under the Rex Group COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy all new customer-facing frontline employees must be fully vaccinated with an Australian Government Department of Health approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence of vaccination and all other employees must follow the requirements as outlined in the Policy.
Please submit your application via our careers page: https://careers.rex.com.au/job-details/query/8396446
You must apply via the link above AND answer the screening questions to be considered.