Rex is Australia’s largest independent regional and domestic airline operating a fleet of 60 Saab 340 and six Boeing 737-800NG aircraft to 61 destinations throughout all states in Australia. In addition to the airline Rex, the Rex Group comprises wholly owned subsidiaries Pel-Air Aviation (air freight, aeromedical and charter operator) and the two pilot academies, Australian Airline Pilot Academy in Wagga Wagga and Ballarat.
An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and highly motivated individual to join Rex as a full-time Ground Service Equipment (GSE) Mechanic, based in Sydney. This position is ideally suited to a mechanic/diesel fitter that enjoys diversity in their role.
This position will report to the GSE Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out preventive and unscheduled maintenance on Airport and Engineering GSE
- Ensure GSE maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner (both scheduled and unscheduled)
- Travel to remote locations on short notice for GSE maintenance
- Carry out other duties from time to time as advised by the GSE Manager
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Perform Electrical Test and Tag of Company equipment
- Ensure GSE database is updated and accurate
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on GSE matters when required
Key Selection Criteria:
- Working knowledge electric and mechanical equipment is essential. Hydraulic systems knowledge is desirable
- Ability to be flexible with working hours
- Proven self-starter
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft computer programs
- Current Driver’s License
- Hold or have the ability to obtain an Airport ASIC Security ID and Airside Driver’s License
- Forklift license (desirable)
- Previous GSE servicing experience would be desirable but not essential
Conditions will be discussed with the successful applicant. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application via our careers page: https://careers.rex.com.au/job-details/query/8345272 by close of business 22 October 2021.
You must submit your application via the link above to be considered.