Expressions of interest are sought for a suitably qualified and highly motivated individual to become part of the Rex Human Factors Group (comprising of Safety, QA/Compliance, Security and Human Factors training) as a Safety Systems Officer based in Sydney.
This position is open to Graduates as it is an Entry Level role.
This position reports to the Group Human Factors Management.
- As directed by the Safety Manager, follow up the progress of internal investigations with relevant managers as part of the overall administration of the Rex Group SMS.
- Conduct internal investigations and compile reports on safety events as delegated by the applicable Safety Manager.
- Participate and assist as needed with the collation and interpretation of trend data and other reports for SMG meetings.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and external parties under the direction of the applicable Safety Manager.
- Participate and assist as needed with the Risk Assessment Register process and the corresponding Risk Assessment of identified hazards.
- Prepare material for regulatory reports.
- Assist the relevant Quality Manager and other participating team members with the Compliance and QA Audit Schedule and Action Tracking management processes.
- Review legislative change and recommend changes to the audit checklists.
- Arrange and chair audit entry/exit meetings.
- Assist the relevant Quality Manager and other participating team members with the preparation for Management Review Meetings (MRMs).
- Notify auditee of proposed audits and lead the audit.
- Lead and assist in audits.
- Write audit reports.
- Assess auditee responses to reports, prior to forwarding to the applicable Quality Manager.
- Perform tasks as directed by the applicable Safety Manager, Quality Manager and/or Security Manager.
- Assist the Security Manager with Drug and Alcohol Management responsibilities in accordance with the Rex Group Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP).
- Other duties as reasonably requested.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organisational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Highly developed written communication skills, with demonstrated report writing ability.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Lead Auditor Qualifications (desirable).
- Formal qualifications or equivalent experience in Aviation and Safety.
- Management or Business Administration will be highly regarded.
Conditions and salary will be discussed with successful applicant.
Please forward a copy of your resume and a covering letter addressing the above criteria via our website: https://careers.rex.com.au/job-details/query/8455816 by close of business 21 January 2022.
You must submit your application via the link above to be considered.