Expressions of interest are sought for a suitably qualified and highly motivated individual to become part of the Rex Human Factors Group (comprising of Safety, QA/Compliance, Security and Human Factors training) as a Safety Systems Officer based in Sydney.
This position is open to Graduates as it is an Entry Level role.
This position reports to the Group Human Factors Management.
- As directed by Human Factors Group Management, follow up the progress of internal investigations with relevant managers as part of the overall administration of the Rex Group SMS.
- Conduct internal investigations and compiling reports on safety events as delegated by Human Factors Group Management.
- Participate & assist as needed with the collation and interpretation of trend data and other reports for SMG meetings.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and external parties under the direction of the applicable Safety Manager.
- Participate and assist as needed with the Risk Assessment Register process and the corresponding Risk Assessment of identified hazards.
- Prepare material for regulatory reports.
- Assist the relevant Quality Manager and other participating team members with the Compliance and QA Audit Schedule and Action Tracking management processes.
- Review legislative change and recommend changes to the audit checklists.
- Arrange and chair audit entry/exit meetings.
- Assist the relevant Quality Manager and other participating team members with the preparation for Management Review Meetings (MRMs)
- Notify auditee of proposed audits and lead the audit.
- Lead and assist in audits.
- Write audit reports.
- Assess auditee responses to reports, prior to forwarding to the applicable Quality Manager.
- Perform tasks as directed by at the direction of the Human Factors Group Management.
- Assist the Security Manager with Drug and Alcohol Management responsibilities in accordance with the Rex Group Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP).
- Assist with Group FRMS functions and duties associated therewith at the direction of the Human Factors Group Management.
- Assist with the monitoring and preparation of data for the Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) program
- Other Duties as reasonably requested
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proven organisational abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Highly developed written communication skills, with demonstrated report writing ability;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Lead Auditor Qualifications (desirable)
- Formal qualifications or equivalent experience in Aviation and/or Safety
Conditions and salary will be discussed with successful applicant.
Please apply via the 'apply now' button below by Friday, 23rd February 2024.
Rex is an equal opportunity employer