Rex is known for its warmth and hospitality, providing a link between the city and regional Australia. This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic company.
A Flight Attendant is a critical part of the Rex team. The Flight Attendants are our Ambassadors.
The role involves responsibility for safety as well as providing a personalised, genuine and caring service to all our passengers.
As a Flight Attendant you are responsible for equipment and security checks, in-flight announcements, in-flight service, turnaround cleaning duties and handling situations as they occur on the ground or in flight.
It is a rewarding position where every day is different.
Whilst it is often considered a lifestyle choice to be a Flight Attendant you must be willing to work shift work, work on weekends and public holidays and depending on the base location, there could be nights spent away from home.
A position in the Regional Operation on the SAAB 340 aircraft offers you the opportunity to manage your own cabin and fly solo to some unique destinations. Our base locations for the Saab 340 are Adelaide, Albury, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Orange, Perth, Sydney, Townsville and Wagga Wagga.
If working in a team appeals to you more, than a position on our Boeing 737 can offer that. We are taking applications for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
We are looking for people who:
- Will provide each individual passenger with a friendly and efficient service,
- Possess good organisational and time management skills,
- Have strong interpersonal and communications skills,
- Can think quickly on their feet when placed in challenging situations,
- Are flexible, and
- Have excellent grooming and personal presentation.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be no taller than 173 cm (for Saab 340)
- Be able to reach 180 cm on flat feet (for B737)
- Hold a current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID011)
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Be able to demonstrate that you have:
- Completed a minimum 3 years of secondary education in Australia or New Zealand, or
- Worked in Australia or New Zealand for at least 3 of the last 5 years, or
- Worked in the UK, Ireland or USA for at least 3 of the last 5 years, or
- Completed the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with an overall grade of 5.5.
- Have Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Be able to hold an ASIC which involves a police security check
- Have experience in customer service
- Be able to swim fully clothed without aid or floating device
- Be flexible (working hours will vary and will include weekends and public holidays)
- Have a high level of personal presentation
- Have a natural willingness to please and care for people
How to register your interest:
Please click on 'apply for this job', attach your resume and complete the application form in full. Screening questions must be answered.
Rex accepts applications throughout the year however, this does not mean a position is immediately available. Please refer to FAQ for more information.
Please click here for the Flight Attendant FAQ.
Applicants must be able to work in Australia
Regional Express is an equal opportunity employer
The Rex Group is compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012