A Flight Attendant is a critical part of the Rex team. The Flight Attendants are our Ambassadors.
The role involves responsibility for passenger safety as well as providing a personalised, genuine and caring service to all our passengers.
As a Flight Attendant you are responsible for equipment and security checks, in-flight announcements, in-flight service, turnaround cleaning duties and dealing with in-flight cabin emergencies such as medical situations.
It is a rewarding position where every day is different.
Whilst it is often considered a lifestyle choice to be a Flight Attendant you must be willing to work shift work, work on weekends and public holidays and depending on the base location, there could be nights spent away from home.
A position in the Regional Operation on the SAAB 340 aircraft offers you the opportunity to manage your own cabin and fly solo.
If working in a team appeals to you more, than a position on a jet in our Domestic Operation can offer that.
We fly to many unique destinations providing our passengers with a link between the city and regional Australia. Now expanding with the addition of flights between major cities on the Eastern Coast of Australia. Our Flight Attendants are based in Adelaide, Albury, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Orange, Perth, Sydney, Townsville and Wagga Wagga.
We are looking for people who:
- will provide each individual passenger with a friendly and efficient service,
- possess good organisational and time management skills,
- have strong interpersonal and communications skills,
- can think quickly on their feet when placed in challenging situations,
- are flexible, and
- have excellent grooming and personal presentation.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Maximum height limit of 173 cm (SAAB 340 aircraft applications - Regional)
- You must be able to reach 180 cm on flat feet (Boeing 737 Jet aircraft applications - Domestic)
- A current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- A current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- The ability to hold an ASIC which involves a police security check
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written)
- School Certificate or equivalent
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Customer service experience
- A high standard of physical fitness (including the ability to swim fully clothed without aid or floating device for 50m)
- Flexibility (working hours will vary and will include weekends and public holidays)
- A high level of personal presentation
- A natural willingness to please and care for people.
How to register your interest
Please click on the 'Register' button to fill out an application form.
Rex accepts applications throughout the year however, this does not mean a position is immediately available. Please refer to FAQ for more information.
Please click here for the Flight Attendant FAQ.
Applicants must be able to work in Australia
Regional Express is an equal opportunity employer
The Rex Group is compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012